Castle Point Councillors will take action on Climate Change
- Labour councillors will propose a motion to declare a Climate Emergency
- We will oppose all building on Green Belt
- Create a Green Infrastructure policy for Castle Point
- Invest in Castle Point to combat the effects of Climate Change
We will introduce a motion to declare a Climate Emergency to Castle Point Council and also create a Green Infrastructure policy to use our natural resources effectively to fight pollution.
Labour’s plan for jobs and a green economic recovery:
- Invest £30bn to support the creation of 400k new jobs in the industries of the future—including electric cars
- A ‘Jobs Promise’ to get young people into work, training or education and end long-term unemployment. Retraining for workers to help build a green economy
- A new Clean Air Act to tackle local polluted roads and playgrounds
- New British Recovery Bonds for savers to invest in green infrastructure and rebuilding the country
- New flood defences for local communities hit by climate change.
We cannot let working people pay the price of the Government’s failure to put fairness at the heart of the fight against climate change.
Labour is prioritising to invest in the future to create the clean jobs and fairer society that tackles climate change.